2022 Chevrolet Traverse Towing Capacity
The 2022 Chevrolet Traverse towing capacity provides Washington drivers with plenty of capacity, especially with the right configuration. Towing capabilities vary depending on the trim level and equipment. With the trailer package connected, the standard version of the Traverse tows a maximum of 5,000 pounds — quite impressive for a mid-size SUV.
With excellent fuel economy, plenty of passenger and cargo space, and the ability to tow a sizeable load, the Chevrolet Traverse is the perfect mid-to-large family vehicle for any occasion.
2022 Chevrolet Traverse Towing Capacity With/Without Equipment
Drivers near the Cedar City area can expect to benefit from the standard 3.6L V6 engine combined with the proper trailering equipment. With the trailer package included, you can expect the following capability:
- 5,000-pound maximum towing capacity
- 1,500-pound maximum towing capacity without a trailer package
With a 1,500-pound capacity, you can expect to haul a small trailer. However, with a 5,000-pound capacity, North Las Vegas, NV drivers can tow a 23-foot camper, a livestock trailer, jet skis, and a small-to-medium sized boat. Let’s take a closer look at the performance behind the 2022 Chevrolet Traverse towing capacity.
2022 Chevrolet Traverse Performance & Towing Features
The 2022 Chevrolet Traverse comes standard with the 3.6L V6 engine and 9-speed electronically controlled transmission. St. George drivers have plenty of power when they call on the Traverse to haul the heaviest loads.
2022 Chevrolet Traverse Performance:
- 3.6L V6 engine
- 310 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque
- Variable Valve Timing
- Stop/Start technology
- 9-speed electronically controlled transmission
- Driver Mode Selector with four drive modes
- All-wheel drive available
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View
2022 Chevrolet Traverse Towing Features:
- Available Trailering Package: The towing package provides a hitch for the back of the Traverse for hooking up trailers and other items, and adds a heavy-duty cooling system to prevent overheating.
- Tow/Haul Mode: A Driver Mode Control dial on the Traverse gives drivers a Tow/Haul mode that adjusts shift points during acceleration to keep you in a lower gear for additional torque. Going downhill, the Traverse downshifts to make it easier to maintain speed without overusing the brakes.
- Trailer Sway Control: The Stabilitrak® Electronic Stability Control System includes Trailer Sway Control which corrects trailer swaying through brake application.
Test the 2022 Chevrolet Traverse Towing Capacity at Stephen Wade Chevrolet
If the 2022 Chevrolet Traverse towing capacity sounds like the type of capability you need, see the team at Stephen Wade Chevrolet for a test drive. Remember, our service department is always available to install upgraded tires and other genuine Chevrolet parts to give your Traverse even more capability. Contact us today to get the ball rolling on your new Chevrolet Traverse!
More from Stephen Wade Chevrolet
Any Washington driveway is enhanced when it has a new Chevy Trailblazer sitting in it. But just wait until you see the beautifully spacious Chevy Trailblazer interior. Not only does this SUV look great on the inside, but there’s plenty of room, including the generous Chevy Trailblazer cargo space. We go into the details below…
You’ve probably noticed the sleek-looking Chevy Equinox rolling through Washington. But just wait until you see its impressive interior. The expertly-chosen interior colors, the generous interior dimensions, the cargo space, and cutting-edge Chevrolet Equinox interior features all combine to make one impressive vehicle. Let’s go into a little more detail about what you can expect….
The 2022 Chevrolet Traverse towing capacity provides Washington drivers with plenty of capacity, especially with the right configuration. Towing capabilities vary depending on the trim level and equipment. With the trailer package connected, the standard version of the Traverse tows a maximum of 5,000 pounds — quite impressive for a mid-size SUV. With excellent…